Beaufort Town Center offers residential opportunities for all walks of life, including townhouses, lofts, apartments and single-family homes. Residents can stroll through parks along the banks of the great salt marsh, walk to the grocery store or pharmacy, browse galleries and shops, enjoy a variety of restaurants or take in a play without ever having to get in their car. Beaufort Town Center is an ideal neighborhood for those wanting to live and work in a real community without having to commute.
1600 Burnside is the first residential project completed in Beaufort Town Center. Seven 1,600 square foot lofts look into a preserved view of the
Intracoastal Waterway. The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) awarded 1600 Burnside LEED Gold. This project is one of fewer than 700 LEED Gold new construction projects nationwide. What does this mean?
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is the nation’s preeminent green building rating system. It is the national standard for design, construction and operation of high-performance, sustainable buildings.
- LEED buildings incorporate technologies, materials and designs that improve such things as air quality, energy efficiency, natural light and emission of pollutants.
- During construction, 75% of the construction debris was recycled.
- 20% of the construction materials were manufactured within the region, and 20% of the materials were made of recycled products.
Furthermore, this building features:
- All impact glass, no need for shutters
- High end appliance packages
- Twice the insulation as required by Code
- Individual utility services
- Insta-hot gas hot water
- Recyclable materials on the porches (meaning less rot and mildew)
- Dedicated electrical circuits for cars
Occupants of this building can expect:
- Energy costs savings of at least 28.6% and lower emission of pollutants
- Daylight in at least 90% of the interior spaces
- Longer performance of the construction.
- Green buildings typically provide higher resale values and lower operating costs.
Visitors to this building can enjoy knowing they are in a healthy environment.
Ownership opportunities remain in 1600 Burnside, as well as other residential opportunities.